Hello Readers 🙂
In this post, I have written some Important Questions of Theory of Machines. This post is for the students of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and Diploma in Mechanical Maintenance Engineering. The Questions I have written below are those questions who are repeated in Previous BTE Examinations. These Questions will help you to prepare for yourself for the Board of Technical Education(BTE) Examination.
Here are those important Questions…
- Name the factor which affects the critical speed of a shaft.
- What is the law of belting?
- Name two inversions of single slider crank chain.
- What do you mean by static and dynamic balancing?
- What is the basic difference between governor and flywheel?
- What is the natural frequency?
- Define addendum in context of gear.
- What is the need of governors?
- Spur gear have which type of teeth?
- Define effort and power of a governor.
- Write the function of a flywheel.
- What is the use of dynamometer?
- Define coefficient of friction.
- Define transmissibility.
- Define Kinematic pair. Classify kinematic pair on various account.
- Distinguish between the flat belt and V belt on the basis of power transmitted space, grip and application.
- Define an expression for the ration of the driving tensions in a rope drive(assume any angle of the groove).
- Discuss the function of the double slider crank chain.
- Draw a neat sketch of- Hartnell Governer.
- Define the turning moment diagram for a reciprocating machine.
- What is the hunting of governor?
- What is meant by “Stability of governor.” Derive the necessary condition of suitability for a centrifugal governor.
- Describe with neat sketch the principle and working of the pantograph.
- Derive the expression for finding the length of the belt in open belt drive.
- Explain the effect of slip on velocity ration during relative motion between pulley and belt.
- What are the different types of a chain? Define the terminology used in a chain with a neat sketch?
- Explain the different types of gears and their applications.
- Define the causes of vibrations in machines, their harmful effects, and remedies?
- Define constructor and working of porter governor?
- Three masses of 10kg, 15kg, 20kg, attached at radial distances of 80mm, 90mm, and 50mm. Respectively to a disc on a shaft is in complete balance. Determine the angular position of masses of 15kg and 20kg. relative to the 10kg mass?
I hope these Question will help you in your Study and Exams 🙂 . Keep Learning…Keep Reading.. 🙂