This is Vivek Sharma, and in this post, I have written some Important Questions of Cutting Tools & Jigs & Fixtures
Software Engineering is a subject for the students who are doing Diploma in Tool and Die making Engineering.
I hope this will help you in your Studies 🙂
Here are those Questions…
- Differentiate between jigs and fixtures.
- What is the function of mandrels in the turning fixture?
- How do you define tool life?
- What is meant by cutting setting?
- What is meant by built-up-edge(BUE)?
- list the two advantages of the jigs & fixtures.
- In an orthogonal cutting tool what are the important angles that are to be maintained?
- How is metal removed in metal cutting?
- Differentiate between cutting and forming.
- Describe the ideal chip.
- What factors cause the tool to lose hardness?
- What is the purpose of drilling jigs?
- What type of press is used for making automobile license plates?
- Discuss the nature of friction found in metal cutting.
- What is meant by quick-change fixture?
- How can a lathe fixture be clamped to the lathe?
- What are welding fixtures? State the general purpose of a welding fixture.
- What are the conditions that would allow a continuous chip to be formed in metal cutting?
- What are the desirable characteristics of a cutting tool material?
- Discuss types of accessories and attachments for presses.
- List factors affecting the frictional force in single point tools.
- Name different types of presses used for sheet metal working. Name different types of sheet metal operations.
- What is the major difference between precision and commercial die?
- Write short notes on inspection and welding fixtures.
- Sketch and explain lathe fixture.
- Sketch and explain index milling fixture.
- Sketch the tool geometry of a single point tool names the materials used for cutting tools.
- Sketch and explain plate jig.
- Give a comparative evaluation of the various cutting tool materials.
- Sketch and explain blanking and progressive die.
- Explain clearly the principle of the location of the workpiece in jigs and fixtures.
- Explain briefly materials used in jigs and fixtures.
Help other students by sharing this Post to them 🙂