Your E-Learning Companion.
Hello Everyone,This is Vivek Sharma
and in this article you are going to find some Important Questions of Refrigeration & Air Conditioning. Refrigeration & Air Conditioning is a main subject of Mechanical Engineering & Civil Engineering students.
I hope you will find these question useful 🙂
Here are the Questions
- Enumerate different ways of producing refrigeration.
- What is the standard rating of a refrigeration machine?
- What is the effect of sub-cooling on the performance of the vapour compression refrigeration system?
- State elements of the refrigeration system.
- State the advantages of central system over the unitary system of air conditioning.
- Write the properties of carbon dioxide refrigerant.
- What is the function of ducts?
- How air conditioning systems are classified?
- Explain briefly an air refrigerator working on a reversed Carnot cycle. Drive an expression for its C.O.P.
- Give the comparison between a vapour compression system and a vapour absorption system.
- State the functions of the following parts of a simple vapour compression system:
- Expansion valve
- Write the short note on “pressure-enthalpy (p-h) chart.” Show the simple vapour compression cycle on p-h charts.
- What is the advantage of using an expansion valve instead of an expander in a vapour compression refrigeration cycle?
- A refrigerator operating on standard vapour compression cycle has a coefficient of performance of 6.5 and is driven by a 50 kW compressor. The enthalpies of saturated liquid and vapour refrigerant at the operating condensing temperature of 35 Degree C are 62.55 kJ/kg and 201.45 kJ/kg respectively.The saturated refrigerant vapour leaving evaporator has of 187.53 kJ/kg. Find the refrigerant.
- Discuss the effect of the following on the performance of a vapour compression system:
- Suction Pressure
- Delivery Pressure